Okay, before I get started, I should say – I have been slacking on the picture-taking lately. I have been frustrated with the quality of the images taken by my camera because I spend my days looking at beautiful images produced by lovely ladies like Katelyn and Lauryn and the delicious snapshots shared by the likes of Nicole and Deb, and I can’t bring myself to post the crazy pictures that I take in our dark apartment at all hours of the evening. So anyway – I’m sorry for not having pictures! When I have more natural light, I’ll post more pictures. That makes it at least a little easier. :)
I had a great weekend – drinks with two dear ladies on Friday night, a 5k with my momma and brother hosted by our church on Saturday, and a Sunday filled with learning and relaxation. But the side dish I made on Sunday night is the real reason for this post – I wanted to share a quick and easily adaptable recipe for a healthy and tasty veggie.
We all know about my love for zucchini – I would eat it every day if I could! But, I almost always cook it the same way – Japanese style, with soy sauce and onions and sesame seeds. Delicious, absolutely. But I was ready to try something new.
So, armed with what I had in the cabinet/refrigerator and a bag of zucchini – here’s what I did.
Yummy Baked Zucchini Recipe
1. Cut the ends off of zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise. Lay in a baking dish (or on a baking sheet).
2. Drizzle olive oil over zucchini halves.
3. Sprinkle the following (add and subtract as you desire!) over oiled zucchini:
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over seasoned zucchini.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and zucchini is still firm but cooked through. (I cooked mine a little too long – we forgot they were in the oven! So, I don’t have an exact time. Oopsies!)